The following information is for the design of a luxury water taxi to potentially operate in and around coastal waters. The parameters expected are as follows:
- Each vessel should have the capacity to carry 40 to 50 persons
- Each vessel should have wheelchair access
- A maximum air draught of 3.2m is required to allow the vessel to transit under bridges
- Capable of speeds around 12-14 knots
In addition to the above, the proposed design has been developed to incorporate the following characteristics as a minimum standard:
- Low wash characteristics to reduce environmental impacts of shore-side erosion
- Construction materials where practical are to be recyclable; i.e, Aluminium and Glass
- Powering requirement where practical is to be of renewable resources; i.e, Solar power or Bio-diesel
|Passengers:||54 + 4 wheelchairs (inc deck access)|
|Power:||2 x 100hp Electric/Bio diesel supplied by 70m² of roof mounted Solar panels|
|Construction:||Aluminium hull and superstructure with glass panels|
These particulars are for guidance only. It is expected that the design will evolve further as interested parties express their requirements.
You must be logged in to post a comment.